Basal Bolus Regimen
This micro skills course provides the knowledge and skills required in initiating a basal bolus regimen in a well, newly diagnosed child with type I diabetes.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
NHS Health Education England
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the normal pattern of insulin secretion in the human body
- Explain the rationale of the basal bolus regimen
- State the timings and duration of actions for specific types of insulin
- Calculate insulin doses and dose distributions
- Calculate insulin adjustments
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.