Autonomic Nervous System Physiology
This micro skills course covers the anatomy of the autonomic nervous system (ANS) and the effects of the ANS on different organ systems, including the cardiovascular system, respiratory system and the eye. It examines the major neurotransmitters and receptor types in the ANS. The micro skills course concludes with considering the interactions between the ANS and anaesthetic drugs, regional anaesthesia and surgical stimulation.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the anatomy of the autonomic nervous system
- Describe the effects of the autonomic nervous system on different organ systems
- Identify the major neurotransmitters and receptor types in the autonomic nervous system
- Recognize the interactions between anaesthetic drugs, regional anaesthesia, surgical stimulation and the autonomic nervous system
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.