This session will provide an introduction to the concept of audit. It will outline the importance of audit and the audit cycle in good medical practice and clinical governance. Examples of appropriate topics and data sources will be presented. The features of effective audit and some of the pitfalls of the audit process will be identified. Suggested further reading will be given at the end of the session.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the concept of audit and how it fits into quality improvement
- Explain the importance of audit in good medical practice
- Describe the audit cycle
- List different topics and data sources for audit
- Describe the features of a good audit
- Identify potential pitfalls in the audit process
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.