Atomic Structure and Radioactivity: The Tracer Principle
This session introduces the atomic structure and the concepts of radioactivity and radioactive decay. It also describes the tracer principle applicable to medical applications.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the basic structure of nuclides
- Explain the concept of radioactivity and the process of radioactive decay
- Explain the tracer principle and how it is applied to medical diagnostics
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.