Asthma, Eczema and Other Allergies
This session describes three important atopic diseases asthma, eczema and anaphylaxis. All can profoundly affect a childs health at school. The recognition and management of symptoms in the school environment will also be covered.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of General Practitioners
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Summarise epidemiology, evolution, social impact and in school management of eczema
- Review epidemiology of asthma and non-stigmatising management in school settings
- Outline the extra issues and precautions for a child with difficult asthma
- Describe common allergies, use of antihistamines and appropriate non-stigmatising avoidance in school
- Describe the use of an adrenaline auto-injector (also known as an epinephrine pen)
- Explain accessible and safe delivery of medication needed in school for asthma, eczema or anaphylaxis
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.