Introduction to Asthma Management
This free online Short Course has been developed in partnership with the National Asthma Council Australia for basic asthma management. Asthma is a common airways disease in Australia with 1 in 10 people suffering from this disease. This course provides a brief introduction to physiology and pathology of an asthma airway, common symptoms, medication management, first aid interventions and the Asthma Action Plan.
What will I learn?
- Explain the effects of asthma on the airways
- List the three main factors that are known to increase the likelihood of developing asthma
- Identify common triggers of asthma
- Identify the common symptoms of asthma
- Recall first aid interventions for a person with a severe asthma flare-up
- Recognise the essential elements of an Asthma Action Plan and the treatment regime
Undertaking this course enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours and a CQUniversity Certificate of Completion.