Assist with the preparation for a risk assessment
This micro skills course describes the skills and knowledge required to work in partnership with older people and their carers to implement interventions in the context of an individualised plan to reduce risk. This micro skills course applies to support workers in a residential or community context. Work performed requires a range of well developed skills where some discretion and judgement is required. Workers will take responsibility for their own outputs under direct or indirect supervision.
What will I learn?
- Confirm assessment requirements with supervisor or relevant health professional
- Encourage participation of the older person and their carer in assessment and further actions
- Provide information to the older person and/or carer to clarify own role, responsibilities and accountability
- Provide information to the older person and/or carer explaining the assessment process, including explanation of results
- Communicate in a supportive and encouraging manner that is respectful of the older person and carers, rights, level of understanding and cultural background
- Seek older persons permission and cooperation in the assessment process
- This skills course may contain references to Australian laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This skills course may not be available in your country.
- This skills course is delivered by a certified Talisium trainer and assessor in your workplace and requires active student participation including practical skills demonstrations for assessment.