This micro skills course describes the main tools used to assess trainee GPs and distinguishes between formative and summative forms of assessment.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of General Practitioners
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Distinguish between formative and summative assessment
- Explain the relevance of case-based discussion to assessing consultations
- Define the thirteen competences within the Consultation Observation Tool and state their relevance to assessing consultations
- State the relevance of the Consultation Observation Tool to assessing consultations
- Identify the elements within the Clinical Skills Assessment
- Describe the relevance of the Clinical skills Assessment to assessing consultations
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.