Assessment of Mood
This micro skills course provides a framework for the assessment of mood as an essential first step to appropriate management of depression.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Physicians
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Explain why it is important to assess mood in end of life care patients
- List some of the barriers to recognising and treating depressive symptoms
- Outline the core steps involved in assessing the mood of end of life care patients
- List the uses and limitations of standardised assessment tools used in clinical practice and research to assess mood in end of life care patients
- Differentiate between screening for and diagnosis of depression
Identify some of the factors affecting mood
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.