Assessment of Eating Disorders
This micro skills course covers the stages of the assessment of eating disorders, taking into account diagnostic criteria, nutritional status and the role of the family.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Paediatrics and Children's Health
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Assess and diagnose common eating disorders (anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa and binge eating disorder) in young people
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of eating disorders and acute malnutrition
- Recognise the impact of dietary restriction on growth and development in children and adolescents
- Understand the limitations of the various methods for assessment
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.