Assessment of Disease Levels and Factors that will Impact on Periodontal Status
This micro skills course introduces the principles of periodontal assessment alongside other aspects of assessment for a new or returning patient. The learner will understand how screening for periodontal disease will enable the clinician to distinguish between reversible gingivitis and different levels of periodontitis, as well as gaining an understanding of the incidence of periodontal disease likely to be encountered in a general dental practice setting in the UK.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Distinguish between gingival health, gingivitis and different degrees of periodontitis
- Demonstrate knowledge of the incidence of periodontal disease in the UK population
- Recognise the importance of history taking in assessing periodontal disease risk
- Describe how to assess oral hygiene status Summarise and demonstrate the use of BPE in clinical practice and list the consequences of each score
- Identify when and for whom a full periodontal examination is required
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.