Assessment of Dental Age
This micro skills course describes the main approaches to dental age assessment for children. It also provides detailed guidance on how to carry out accurate age determination using a well accepted technique (Demirjians method of dental ageing).
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Faculty of Dental Surgery Royal College of Surgeons
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Explain the difference between chronological and biological age
- Describe the indications for dental age assessment
- Carry out a dental age assessment using Demirjians method, citing the advantages and limitations of this approach
- List some causes of premature or delayed dental development
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.