Assessment of Ability to Self Care after Discharge
This micro skills course examines the process of assessing a patients ability to look after their self following discharge from hospital. It gives learners the opportunity to identify and analyse the different factors that contribute to the process and the ways that self care can be assessed.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify the environmental factors influencing a patients ability to self care
- Identify the medical factors contributing to a patients ability to self care
- Perform a functional screen as to who will need further input from the multidisciplinary team
- Explain the role of the multidisciplinary team in assessing self care
- Understand the importance of ascertaining the patients mental capacity with regards to discharge planning
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.