Assessment for Orthodontic Referral
This micro skills course aims to demonstrate how to identify and refer cases requiring complex orthodontic treatment and how to identify conditions in the mixed dentition not yet requiring intervention.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Faculty of Dental Surgery Royal College of Surgeons
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify and refer cases with unusual development status such as, cleft lip and palate syndromic conditions, facial asymmetry, ankylosis, supernumerary teeth and oligodontia
Identify and refer such cases as antero-posterior or vertical jaw discrepancy, excessive protrusion or retrusion of incisors, un-erupted teeth, missing permanent teeth and severe tooth or arch discrepancy
- Identify conditions in the mixed dentition not yet requiring intervention
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.