Assessment and Referral for SDI Fitting
This micro skills course looks at the assessment and preparation of women prior to subdermal implant (SDI) fitting. It also presents demonstrations on how to insert and remove subdermal implants.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the benefits and possible side effects of SDIs;
- Identify where an SDI might be contraindicated;
- List the information to be given to women to enable them to choose and safely use SDIs;
- Identify referral pathways for fitting and removal of SDIs;
- Describe the mode of action of SDIs
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.