Assessment and Initial Management
This micro skills course covers the recognition of, and then the safe, prioritised initial approach to and management of the sick patient.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Academy of Medical Royal Colleges
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Recognise and assess an ill patient using a prioritised and rapid ABCDE system
Assess basic airway interventions to clear an airway
- Recognise patients in which there is a need to call for help
- Clinically assess a patients circulatory status and use basic automated monitoring
- Look for and reverse quickly any remediable causes of coma e.g. hypoglycaemia and drug overdose
- Appreciate own limitations and where further assistance is necessary
- Define importance of good team work in expediting safe, effective and timely patient management
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.