Assessment and Diagnosis of CFS/ME in Adolescence
This micro skills course introduces the learner to chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitis (CFS/ME) and equips the learner with knowledge of when a diagnosis of CFS/ME should be made.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Paediatrics and Children's Health
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Recognise the presentation of chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitis (CFS/ME) in young people
- Identify the major features of CFS/ME in young people
- Identify the symptom criteria for CFS/ME in young people
- Outline the medical investigations that need to be done to exclude other causes of fatigue in young people
- Describe what to include in a full assessment for diagnosing CFS/ME in young people
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.