Assessing through proxies
This micro skills course will introduce issues related to assessing people’s end of life care needs through a proxy when the individual is not able to communicate directly with the person carrying out the assessment.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Discuss the different types of situation where you may need to use a proxy in assessing someone’s end of life care needs
- Recognise the different types of proxy that you can use when making end of life care assessments
- Analyse the challenges surrounding the use of proxies for assessing end of life care needs
- Apply strategies to use proxies appropriately in your practice
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.