Assessing Those with Fluctuating Mental Capacity
This micro skills course explores issues related to the assessment of end of life care needs of someone who has fluctuating mental capacity.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Association of Palliative Medicine
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe how to evaluate fluctuating mental capacity in an individual in an end of life care situation;
- Recognise the contribution and challenges of involving family members when assessing end of life care needs in someone who has fluctuating mental capacity;
- Describe a practical approach to assessing end of life care needs in a patient with fluctuating mental capacity;
- Outline how to translate assessment findings into an action plan, in accordance with the principles of the Mental Capacity Act and best interests of the patient
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.