Assessing Development Stage
This micro skills course will help you review both personal and accepted definitions of adolescence. It will discuss the physical, social, cognitive, emotional and behavioural changes that take place during this developmental stage. A four stage assessment tool will be described that can be used to determine where a young person is in relation to early, middle or late adolescent development.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe personal and accepted definitions of adolescence
- Specify the five changes that contribute to the developmental stage
- Describe the four major challenges of adolescent development
- Evaluate the four step developmental assessment framework
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.