This micro skills course outlines three communication styles: assertive, passive and aggressive. The process and advantages of assertive communication are then described and illustrated in detail. The micro skills course supports the development of leadership in clinical settings.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Distinguish between passive, aggressive and assertive communication styles
- Use the assertiveness script format to articulate and justify the need for change
- Judge effectively when it is appropriate to use the assertiveness script format in communication
- Demonstrate an awareness of the ethical dimension of assertive communication and check that requests are fair, reasonable and achievable
- Identify how you will demonstrate leadership by using effective communication styles
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.