Aspiring Nurse Leaders Program for Registered Nurses
This online Short Course introduces the Registered Nurse to beginning level management tools in their career management towards a leadership and mentoring role.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
What will I learn?
- Adult Learning
- 1. Compare and contrast the pedagogical and andragogical approaches to teacher and learning
- 2. Evaluate the ways in which teaching styles and learning preferences can impact in the coaching and mentoring relationship
- 3. Apply knowledge of adult learning theory to coaching and mentoring activities
- Reflective Practice
- 1. Identify the key elements of reflective practice
- 2. Recognise the theoretical models of reflection
- 3. Describe the process of reflective practice.
- Delegation and Accountability of the RN
- 1. Explain the difference between accountability and responsibility
- 2. Identify the major roles and responsibilities of the RN, EN and AIN
- 3. Outline the concepts of assignment, delegation and supervision.
- Communication in Healthcare
- 1. Identify key concepts in effective communication
- 2. Recognise the importance in the health setting
- 3. Apply the fundamentals of effective communication in relationships and workplace documentation.
- Coaching and Mentoring in the Practice Setting
- 1. Articulate an understanding of the theoretical underpinnings of coaching and mentoring
- 2. Define the terms, coach, mentor and preceptor
- 3.Communicate a working definition of coaching and mentoring to colleagues in the workplace
- 4. Analyse the relationship between coaching-mentoring and training