Arterial Lines: Technique of Insertion
This micro skills course will provide key information relating to the insertion of arterial lines. It will focus on the Seldinger technique, and illustrate good practice.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Anaesthetists
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the sequential operations that make up the Seldinger technique of arterial line insertion
- Explain the reasons why each stage is conducted in this way
- Describe the differences between the Seldinger technique and the catheter-over-needle technique
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.