Arterial Blood Gas Sampling and Interpretation
This micro skills course describes the technique for arterial blood gas sampling and the common abnormalities which may be found with the results. Basic actions on finding an abnormality are also covered.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Define the possible sites and procedure for taking an arterial blood gas
- Identify the common errors in sampling technique and measurement
- Diagnose common abnormalities (e.g. hypoxia and hypercapnoea) and the need to document the results
- Use patient and treatment factors in the interpretation of results
- Describe an action plan to correct common abnormalities
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.