Approaching ACP When Capacity is Uncertain, Fluctuating, or Likely to Deteriorate
This micro skills course focuses on managing Advance Care Planning in situations where the patient has a disorder or impairment of the mind or brain which is fluctuating or deteriorating and is likely to affect capacity.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Association of Palliative Medicine
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify situations where there is a high probability that non-reversible deterioration or intermittent changes in mental capacity are likely to occur
- Describe the tools and methods currently available to assess mental capacity in this context
- Discuss how to interpret wishes and behavior in context of fluctuating capacity
- Discuss the contribution and challenges that arise from involving family members in determining best interests
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.