Apply principles and aims of a palliative approach when supporting individuals
This micro skills course describes the skills and knowledge required to care for people with life-threatening or life-limiting illness and/or normal ageing process within a palliative approach. This micro skills course applies to workers in a residential or community context. Work performed requires some discretion and judgement and is carried out under regular direct or indirect supervision.
What will I learn?
- Recognise the holistic needs of the person extending over time, not just end-of-life
- Support the person, carers and family to express needs and preferences and report information to supervisor
- Communicate with the person, carers and family in relation to the persons quality of life, pain and comfort and report information to supervisor
- Respect the family and carers as an integral part of the care team and ensure that they have the information and support needed
- This skills course may contain references to Australian laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This skills course may not be available in your country.
- This skills course is delivered by a certified Talisium trainer and assessor in your workplace and requires active student participation including practical skills demonstrations for assessment.