Anticoagulation for TIA Patients
This micro skills course will describe the indications for anticoagulation with TIA patients and explore the risks and benefits. Later sections will describe the effects of certain anticoagulants and offer guidance on how to manage problems during treatment.
What will I learn?
- Describe the indications for anticoagulation in a TIA patient;
- Estimate the risks and benefits of anticoagulation;
- Describe the mechanism of action and factors affecting the efficacy of warfarin and non-vitamin K antagonists;
- Form a plan for rapid anticoagulation tailored to a TIA patient.
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.