This micro skills course considers the antenatal care of a healthy pregnancy and associated health promotion. It also deals with ‘expected’ complications of pregnancy and highlights red flags that may indicate serious problems.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of General Practitioners
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Explain the importance of antenatal care in maternal and fetal wellbeing
- Use the United Kingdom national guidance for antenatal care and be able to relate it to your own local practices
- Appreciate how important timely referral to appropriate specialist care is, for a pregnant woman and her fetus
- Support a woman to make choices about her care and place of birth
- Competently assess fetal and maternal wellbeing in the antenatal period
- Describe the importance of detailed and contemporaneous record keeping, and demonstrate proficiency in documentation and referral practices that relate to maternal and fetal health
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.