This micro skills course describes the surface anatomy, boundaries and superficial/deep structures in the antecubital fossa. It describes the variations in venous and arterial vasculature in the region and clinical importance to the anaesthetist of this fossa.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify the surface anatomy of the antecubital fossa
- Describe the boundaries, roof, floor and important contents of the fossa
- Describe the relations of the median nerve
- Describe the important variations in the venous vasculature
- Recognize the clinical applications of the anatomical knowledge of this region
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.