This micro skills course discusses common causes of pain around the ankle joint and, in particular, the Achilles tendon.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of General Practitioners
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify common causes of ankle pain
- Recognise Achilles tendonopathy, assess the factors that have led to the development of the condition, and refer appropriately for management
- Recognise other causes of ankle pain including osteoarthritis, other tendon disorders and problems relating to stability of the ankle joint
- Formulate an evidence based management plan for the patient with ankle pain
- Provide advice to patients on the importance of footwear and simple exercises for ankle problems
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.