Anatomy of the Prostate
This micro skills course covers the gross and zonal anatomy of the prostate, as seen on transrectal ultrasound scan (TRUS), computed tomography (CT) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Radiologists
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you should be able to:
- Describe the anatomical location and relations of the prostate gland
- Describe the zonal anatomy of the gland
- Explain how the gland changes with age and gland enlargement
- Explain how the gland’s anatomy has a bearing on prostate diseases and biopsy
- Describe the normal paraprostatic structures and their relevance in prostate cancer and obstructive infertility
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.