Anatomy of the Inner Ear
This micro skills course from NHS Health Education England describes the anatomy of the inner ear, excluding the balance system. It looks at its relative position and structure in detail. The inner and outer hair cells and their differences are identified. The micro skills course from NHS Health Education England goes on to discuss the fluids contained in the inner ear. The micro skills course from NHS Health Education England should allow you to visualise the portion of the inner ear concerned with hearing.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Locate the parts of the inner ear concerned with hearing;
- Describe the layout of the inner ear, showing where anatomical features are in relation to one another;
- Label diagrams of the cochlea and cross sections through it List the differences between inner and outer hair cells;
- Name the fluids of the inner ear and show where each is located
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.