Anatomy of Neural Pathways
In this micro skills course from NHS Health Education England we will look at how the nervous system is structured in the human body, why the nervous system is important for the body to function and how the nervous system communicates with the body via neural pathways and networks.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Differentiate between the central nervous system (CNS) and peripheral nervous system (PNS)
- Describe how the CNS functions – somatosensory and autonomic neural pathways
- Identify the anatomy of the brain and the areas associated with motor and sensory function
- Identify the areas of the brain and the neural pathways associated with hearing, speech and balance
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.