Anatomy and Physiology of the Outer Ear
This micro skills course from NHS Health Education England describes the anatomy of the outer ear and the tympanic membrane (ear drum). It goes on to explain how sound is collected and directed down the ear canal and, in turn, its effects on the tympanic membrane.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Label diagrams of the outer ear and tympanic membrane
- List the functions of the outer ear
- Explain how sounds are collected and passed down the ear canal
- Describe the movement of the tympanic membrane when struck by sound energy
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.