Anatomy and Physiology of the Middle Ear
This micro skills course from NHS Health Education England initially describes the anatomy of the middle ear. It then goes on to explain how sound energy is transferred from the tympanic membrane across the middle ear to the inner ear. The anatomy and physiology of the eustachian tube and middle ear muscles are also discussed in this micro skills course from NHS Health Education England.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Locate parts of the middle ear and ossicles
- Describe the features of the middle ear
- List the functions of the middle ear
- Describe how the movement of the tympanic membrane effectively transfers energy to the inner ear
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.