Anatomy and Physiology of the Balance Organs
This micro skills course describes the anatomy of the balance organs in the inner ear (the vestibular system). Also covered is the mechanism whereby the otolithic organs and semicircular canals provide neural input on movement and the sense of balance.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Label the balance organs located in the vestibular system in the inner ear;
- List and contrast the functions of the otolithic organs and semicircular canals;
- Identify the component parts of these organs;
- State how these organs detect rotational and linear acceleration and deceleration of the head
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.