Analgesia and antiemetics
This micro skills course will cover the assessment and treatment of post-operative pain and management of early post-operative nausea and vomiting (PONV).
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Anaesthetists
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Assess post-operative pain, including use of simple scoring systems
- Assess whether a patient is suffering from incisional wound pain, or there is some other cause
- Administer intravenous opioid analgesia safely, using adjuncts as appropriate
- Assess whether an epidural catheter is correctly placed and, if so, administer an epidural top up
- Recognize and treat common causes of PONV
- Treat PONV with appropriate rescue antiemetics
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.