Anaesthesia for the Patient with Hepatic Failure
Anaesthesia for patients with hepatic impairment can present many challenges. This micro skills course will explore the effects of hepatic impairment on the various organ systems of the body, and the implications this has for the pre-, peri- and postoperative anaesthetic management.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Recall the common causes of liver failure
- Describe the effect of liver failure on individual organ systems
- Perform a preoperative assessment in a patient with liver disease
- Describe the implications of various anaesthetic techniques in patients with hepatic impairment
- Describe the diagnosis and management of hepatorenal syndrome
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.