Anaesthesia for a Child With Cerebral Palsy
This micro skills course will outline the principles of anaesthesia for children with cerebral palsy presenting for elective surgery. It will cover how the severity of cerebral palsy directly affects the techniques chosen
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Anaesthetists
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- List the spectrum of disabilities that may be classified as cerebral palsy
- Assess the patient with respect to the specific features of cerebral palsy that impact on anaesthesia
- Choose the appropriate anaesthetic taking into account the complications in this group of patients
- Select an appropriate analgesic regimen and appropriate postoperative monitoring for tendon transfer / release
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.