Anaesthesia and Myasthenia Gravis
This micro skills course provides an outline of the pathophysiology and treatment of myasthenia gravis and discusses the profound implications that myasthenia gravis has for anaesthesia. There is also discussion of the pre-operative assessment, intra-operative management and post-operative care of patients with myasthenia gravis.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the pathophysiology of myasthenia gravis
- Discuss the implications for anaesthesia and respiratory management
- Be aware of the implications of using muscle relaxants
- Describe the pre-assessment of a patient with myasthenia gravis
- Be aware of when post-operative ventilation may be required
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.