An Underperforming Colleague What to do
This micro skills course discusses the complex and often challenging issues of underperformance in doctors across the training grades, and to identify and help to manage and support trainees in difficulty.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Academy of Medical Royal Colleges
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Differentiate between underperformance and misconduct (personal and professional misconduct) in medical practice
- Identify the underlying reasons for underperformance in medical practice
- Detect the ‘early’ signs of underperformance
- Recognise ways in which problems related to poor medical performance may present
- Use a practical and systematic framework to identify and help to manage and support trainees in difficulty
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.