An Introduction to Evidence Based Medicine
This micro skills course contains information about evidence based medicine from NICE guidance and NICE resources, with the intention of reflecting the content of these and facilitating their implementation.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- An understanding of the various dimensions of evidence;
- An awareness of the role of NICE guidance in helping you to put evidence into practice;
- An awareness of the role of clinicians in developing NICE guidance;
- The ability to explain concepts of clinical and cost effectiveness and their application in making decisions and setting priorities within healthcare;
- An understanding of the role of patient choice and individual knowledge in making decisions and the ability to translate evidence back into practice;
- The above learning outcomes will be made clinically relevant by using a clinical scenario based on a patient with heart failure. Hence you should also be better equipped to;
- Diagnose patients with congestive cardiac failure;
- Manage patients with congestive cardiac failure
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.