An Introduction To Consent
Dental treatment cannot proceed without the consent of the patient. This micro skills course is an introduction to the basic concepts of the law on consent for dental treatment.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Faculty of Dental Surgery Royal College of Surgeons
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Explain the legal basis and GDC guidance for consent
- Describe the requirements for a valid consent
- Describe the consent process for a child
- Explain the consent process in an incompetent adult or adult with partial capacity
- List the possible consequences of a failure to obtain a valid consent
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.