An Introduction to Compassion – Part 1
This micro skills course considers the theory of compassion and applies it to compassionate care through a model of the compassionate mind. It considers the benefits of delivering compassionate care and identifies the core attributes and skills needed to deliver this.
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe compassion and the model of ‘the compassionate mind’
- Discuss the theory versus reality of delivering compassionate care
- Describe the term ‘suffering’ and list the core attributes needed to engage with those who are ‘suffering’
- Describe ‘compassionate care’ and identify the skills and attributes needed to develop it in practice
- List the benefits of compassion in clinical practice
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.