Am I Dying How Long have I Got Handling Challenging Questions
This micro skills course explores the background to patients challenging questions and identifies the skills that can be used to respond to them.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Association of Palliative Medicine
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Evaluate why patients approaching the end of their lives may ask questions such as “Am I dying?” and “How long have I got?”;
- Recognise the challenges for professionals raised by questions related to death and end of life;
- Recognise the need for honesty in responding to challenging questions related to death and end of life;
- Identify the communication skills that are effective in responding to challenging questions related to death and end of life;
- Explore the feelings that end of life related questions raise in the professional and the responses that such feelings might engender;
- Assess your confidence in responding effectively to challenging questions related to death and end of life
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.