Airway Management in Trauma
This micro skills course will cover the techniques for managing the airway in the severely-injured patient.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Anaesthetists
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Explain basic airway techniques for the trauma patient
- Describe cervical spine control in the trauma patient
- Describe rapid sequence induction and intubation in the trauma patient
- Recognize strategies for airway rescue in the severely-injured patient: supraglottic airway devices, cricothyroidotomy
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.