Airway Maintenance: tracheal tube 2
This micro skills course covers the recognition of correct and incorrect airway placement for both the tracheal tube (TT) and the supraglottic airway device. The micro skills course describes the potential problems encountered, how to make the diagnosis and how to manage the incorrectly placed airway.
What will I learn?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- State the criteria for correct tracheal tube placement;
- Describe how to recognize incorrect airway placement for both the tracheal tube and the laryngeal mask airway – or other supraglottic airway device (SAD);
- List the key actions to manage an unanticipated incorrect airway placement
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.