Aims of Anaesthesia
This micro skills course introduces the concepts of balanced anaesthesia, balanced analgesia and the stress response to surgery.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Anaesthetists
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the triad of anaesthesia
- Explain the term balanced anaesthesia and describe how to provide its components
- Describe some of the physiological changes of the stress response to surgery
- Outline options for analgesia after surgery
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.