Aetiology of Caries
This micro skills course provides an introduction to the basic aetiology of dental caries. The multifactorial nature of the disease and the major causative and protective factors are discussed.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Faculty of Dental Surgery Royal College of Surgeons
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Recognise that caries is a multifactorial disease
- Demonstrate an understanding of the caries balance
- List the causative factors and protective factors affecting the development of caries
- Identify patients who may be at particular risk of caries
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.