Advanced MRI Sequences and Techniques
This micro skills course covers the concepts of advanced two-dimensional (2D) and three-dimensionsal (3D) magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) sequences based on spin-echo (SE) and gradient-echo (GE) techniques.
Online - Self Paced
Yes, on completion
Royal College of Radiologists
What will I learn?
- By the end of this session you will be able to:;
- Describe the differences between 2D multislice and 3D MRI techniques;
- Describe how multiple echo, fast spin-echo (FSE) and echo planar imaging (EPI) sequences work;
- Appreciate how parameters such as echo-train length and slices per repetition time (TR) will affect scan time and image quality;
- how fast GE sequences work;
- Explain the basics of steady-state free-precession (SSFP) sequences
Course provided in association with
- This eLearning session is provided by the Content Providers listed above but it does not in any way constitute a qualification or accreditation from them.
- Certificates provided at the end of each session are issued by Talisium under licence and cannot be used by students to seek membership, fellowship or any other form of recognition by the Content Provider.
- This micro skills course may contain references to UK laws, regulations, policies and practice guidelines.
- You should apply the lessons within the context of your local environment.
- This micro skills course may contain features that are not optimised for mobile devices.